Thursday, July 3, 2014

Watermelon Ruffian Manicure

It's getting super hot here, and it's starting to really feel like summer! So naturally, I had to do a summer-esque mani. Namely, a watermelon ruffian. I saw it originally over at Adventures in Acetone. You can check out her post here: http://www.adventuresinacetone.com/2014/06/simple-ruffian-watermelon-nail-art.html

I actually just noticed that we used the same base color. Weird! I tweaked the mani to my liking a bit, however.

Anyway, I started with a base of OPI Jade is the New Black, a dusty emerald green with blue undertones. Then, using a small paintbrush dipped into Nicole by OPI Lay it on the Lime, a lime green with yellow undertones, I created thin vertical lines going down the nail. This polish was great to imitate the stripes on the rind because it's pretty sheer, so the lines resembled a real watermelon! After that was dry, I did the ruffian using Essie Sunday Funday, a coral that leans more pink than orange in most lights. To do a ruffian, start the center stroke of polish down a little further than normal and stroke down. Follow the curve of your cuticle to paint the two side strokes down the same length. Lastly, I used a Hot Designs nail art pen to make three black seeds by pressing down with a drop of polish and then lifting up to make a point.


Have you tried any summer manicures lately? What do you think of this one?

...............................................................................................................................................................

XOXO

Is

No comments:

Post a Comment