Thursday, March 19, 2015

I've Got the Blues: Two-Tone Nail Art

Hi guys! How are you all on this lovely day? Today I have some simple nail art to show you.


Look, it's light blue!


No, it's dark blue!


No! It's...two-toned!

For this manicure I started off with the beautiful but streaky Essie Bikini So Teeny, the light blue. (Three coats.) I used a small paintbrush and Sally Hansen Pacific Blue (the original, bright, medium blue) to section off half of my nail and filled it in. Then, using a dotting tool and OPI Happy Anniversary! (a sheer white pearly shimmer) to make dots at the midpoint between the two blues. I finished off with Wet n Wild's matte topcoat and then added NYC Grand Central Station topcoat on the dots for some shiny contrast. 

The great thing about this nail art is that the sectioning doesn't have to be perfectly neat because you are covering the midpoint with dots. This look is very versatile. You can do it with any colors and maybe even use studs instead of dots down the center! What do you think?

XOXO

Is

No comments:

Post a Comment