Saturday, April 26, 2014

NOTD: Diagonal Nail Art

Hi guys! Today I have a NOTD to share with you.

This is the mani! I'll give a little how-to on it now. First, I applied my base coats (I use two for my needs, Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Hardener and Essie Grow Stronger) and let them dry COMPLETELY. Like, for two to three hours. However, if you don't have a lot of time or are impatient, skip the base coat. Next, I taped off the section of my nails that appears bare in the picture above with Scotch tape. I then painted the open section of my nail with Sally Hansen Sun Kissed (the orange polish) and removed the tape immediately. I let that dry COMPLETELY (like one hour) before moving on to the next step. I then taped off the bare section of my nails again, but this time I INCLUDED a small stripe of orange under the tape. Then, I used Essie In the Cab-ana and painted the open section and removed the tape immediately. I let that dry for a little while and then used my dotting tool to add small white polka dots to the orange stripe, to add some pizazz. I finished with Essie's Good To Go topcoat, and voila!



This is a nice mani to sport if you want to use two contrasting colors. Some cool color combos would be green and pink, yellow and purple, coral and mint, etc., which are all opposites on the color wheel. 
But experiment and be creative!

Like I said before, part of the reason why I was so excited to do this mani for the first time in months was because it was one of my first nail arts! So now I'll show you the picture of that first mani, the humble beginning. Brace yourself, because admittedly my nails are cuticles weren't in great shape. I was a nail-biter for years, and the cutes weren't in great shape either. So here it is!



Yup. That was months ago, way back when I had no base or top coat, no cuticle oil, and hadn't completely beat the habit yet. But I have a soft spot for this mani, and I did an awesome job for this first attempt, I must say.

This is in of the reasons why I like taking pictures of my manicures. I see all of the colors and designs I liked and executed, but I also see how I have improved.

So that's it for this post! I hope it has inspired you to recreate one of these manis.

What was your first attempt at a nail design, and how'd it go over?

..........................................................……………………………………………….……

XOXO

Is

No comments:

Post a Comment